Butterfield Green update
- Planting has been postponed to the New Year because of bad weather.
- Our Green Flag application is going ahead, but funding is currently unclear.
- The Milton Grove end of the Green will be the subject of consultation.
- We are looking at ways to improve the woodland area.
- BCTV (British Trust for Conservation) volunteers will be working in the Green.
- Growing Concerns gave us a £350 grant from to support fruit bushes.
- Annie learnt from the Dog Warden that his hours are being cut. He’s also been picking up a lot of Staffies lately.
- We will write to John Wade, in charge of LBH green spaces, underlining the importance of the dog warden (Rachel)
- David Dade reported that at a recent Community Action Panel (CAP) meeting police warned that people who are not looking after their dogs responsibly risk having them removed.
- Cllr. Sophie Linden – an SRA member – will attend our January meeting to discuss Council policy on dogs.
- The Trusty Tradespeople web page is nearly ready.
- Heidi suggested that SRA and BUG use Facebook to communicate with members. She has kindly agreed to attend our February meeting to explain further, and help set up a test page to publicise BUG planting/ Orchard days.
Date of next meetings:
Jan 12th (Weds) – Committee Meeting at SWAPA, 8pm
Feb 9th (Weds) – Committee Meeting at SWAPA, 8pm
March 9th (Weds) – General meeting – venue TBC, 8pm
Rachel Murrell (Sec.)
Rev. John Taylor
Cllr. Karen Alcock