Annie, Christophe, Geoff, Ken, Bron, Pat, Diane, Claire, Rachel, Andy
Maggie, Phil, Tora, Chris Cramer, Barbara Read
The January Minutes were approved
Butterfield Green update
Gardening day on 10th. Didn't label trees because vv cold and wet.
MUGA (Multi Use Games Area) application. We are disappointed by the lack of progress. Maggie is pursuing this.
Picnic in the park
Following the success of Christmas drinks, we aim to do a bring-and-share picnic as this year’s SRA summer social event. This is mainly a social event rather than a fundraiser. Suggested date: Sunday June 23rd from 1pm
· Instead of supplying food, we propose to put our energy into running games e.g. sack races, egg n spoon – with Andy to MC?
· Ken & Pat may re-run the hugely successful Great Duck Race of 2007, 2008.
· We could provide tea for cash.
· Music would be nice – perhaps some wandering minstrels?
· We will apply for a TEN.
Geoff has offered to run a plane-making workshop to teach adults and accompanied children how to make planes from balsa wood. This would be a fun inter-generational event, with some educational content. Geoff suggests one or more two-hour workshops at Bron's. Perhaps running up to the picnic, or perhaps one before picnic, one after? Best not over to over-commit on picnic day. Geoff estimates the materials costs for 20 planes at about £1 a plane. Expect 6-8 people. Sunday 24th March - Pat will put blurb together. Rachel will circulate.
June 12 AGM
Suggestions for a speaker welcome.
· There has been an application by the owners of 81 Stoke Newington Road to run a bar downstairs at the Pelican and Penguin on (Ref. 2013/0058)
· Sainsbury’s at Wilmer Place: No progress to report.
Andy has submitted his invoices and Bron her receipts. Rachel will deliver to Nick.
· We have been approached by a Lara Kennedy who is doing PhD research on community gardening. Bron responded. She's in touch.
· Barbara Read was trying to trace dog owner after a cat was killed.
· LBH has issued notices on the park about off-lead dogs.
· Andy notes that the pump handle in Butterfield Green is not working. Bron said it is removed during winter.
· Bron noted that St Matthias Church has set up a Food Bank. Donations can be made at the Church or the Vicarage (both in Wordsworth Road) or at the Drop-In sessions (Thurs 12-2.30pm). Tel. 020 7254 5063
· Bron also noted that a ‘river of flowers’ is planned to plant flowers across London. Contact: http://www.riverofflowers.org/
Dates for diaries
· March 24th – Geoff’s plane-making workshop No. 1
· April 10th – SRA meeting
· April 14th – Community Gardening
· May 8th – SRA meeting
· May 12th – Community Gardening
· June 9th – Community Gardening
· June 12th – SRA AGM
· June 23rd – Picnic in the Park