Monday, 6 May 2013

SRA Meeting - Wednesday 13th March 2013

-->
Present
Christophe, Bron, Pat, Claire, Rachel, Phil, Tora, Nick

Apologies
Annie, Maggie, Ken, Geraldine, Andy, Chris Cramer, David L

Minutes
The Feb Minutes were approved with a minor correction.

Butterfield Green update
Thanks to everyone who helped at last Sunday’s gardening day. We did some great composting and labeled trees in the Orchard.
Pat will update the work plan.

MUGA (Multi Use Games Area)
Hackney will hold a consultation about the MUGA (the playing courts on Shakspeare Walk, opposite SWAPA) on Sat 23rd from 9-6pm.
We have long argued that this area should be resurfaced and better lit to allow safe and year-round use for all young people wanting to play sport in the area.

Please drop in at the Consultation and support the case for improvements.

We’d like to record our thanks to Maggie for pursuing this important issue.

Picnic in the Park
We will be holding a picnic in Butterfield Green on Sunday June 23rd from 1pm
Forms - Claire has asked the council about the necessary forms. No TEN is required because we have no licensed music or drink, and we'll have far less than 250 people, which is the threshold for officialdom. Claire is filling in a basic application and will learn whether more is required e.g. A risk assessment.
Duck race - Pat is exploring the issue. If LBH supplies water to the stream, it may still need boosting to get sufficient flow.
Music – Bron will make enquiries of local musicians. Please contact her with suggestions.
Games – can Andy MC a sack race and/ or similar group games?
Treasure hunt with leaf clues (Bron/ Tora)

Plane-making workshops
The first workshop has been postponed. Date TBA by Geoff.

Cycle Storage
Tobias Newland at the council has asked us to ask members if there is interest in on-street covered cycle racks produced by a firm called CycleHoop. The cost would be approx £30 per bike p.a. There are about 10 interested neighbours, and we hope to meet Tobias to discuss possible locations soon. Further info: Tobias Newland Tobias.Newland@hackney.gov.uk 0208 356 8475
Some people expressed concern about security – given that at least one neighbour in Milton Grove had their 'secure' bike shed broken into – but we support a trial.
Claire will post on Facebook and encourage feedback.

Planning
The government’s plan to devolve some planning decisions from borough level to neighbourhood level are causing concern. Recent press coverage in The Guardian and Hackney Citizen of two opposing fora in the Stamford Hill area suggests the move will be devisive. Hackney Planning Watch has set up an online petition calling on Hackney Council to keep the planning process independent of local factions.
We will e-mail our members about the issue and ask them to respond personally if they want. (Rachel)
If there's a big response we can discuss at a meeting.

June 12 AGM
The June AGM is an important meeting for us at which we report on the year’s activities, elect new officers, and update the group on our finances. 
A good speaker attracts plenty of neighbours. Please bring suggestions to the
April meeting so we can start the process of inviting some. (e.g. local film maker
Tony Grisoni, the new Foodbank set up last year at St Matthias Church, work at St Mungos, the police?)
Our meetings are open, but we will need to elect new officers and street reps, and encourage people to take on these roles.
Any members who would like to join the Exec, and/ or represent their street, please come to the AGM. If you’d like more info first, contact the secretary info@shakespeareresidents.org.uk
The existing treasurer and secretary are both resigning, but are happy to help their successors find their feet.

Finances
Nick, our treasurer, will report year-end accounts at April meeting and we aim to sign these off at May meeting.
There are no receipts outstanding.
Bron is keen to do a first aid course to join our pool of registered first aiders.
Christophe will forward info on courses to her.
The SRA has agreed to contribute towards the cost of the course.

Table tennis
We have been approached by Liv, a table tennis enthusiast, who wants to start a table tennis league in Hackney’s parks. Claire will post his flyer on our Facebook page and tell Andy, who plays.
Rachel will e-mail Liv and tell him we've done so.

AOB
Annie and Bron reported that the St Mungo's private view of Caribbean women's photos was great.

Dates for diaries

·      April 10th – SRA meeting
·      April 14th – Community Gardening
·      May 8th – SRA meeting
·      May 12th – Community Gardening
·      June 9th – Community Gardening
·      June 12th – SRA AGM
·      June 23rd – Picnic in the Park


No comments: