Sunday, 9 February 2014

SRA Meeting, Wednesday 13th of November 2013 - Minutes


Present
Claire, Christophe, Rachel, Pat, Annie, Tora, Maggie, Phil

Apologies
Bron, Diane, Ken, Geraldine

Minutes
The October Minutes were approved.

BUG update
Maggie reported that a meeting has been held in Butterfield Green to address the tree situation, further to long discussions and email chains with Hackney Council and the Police in the summer and autumn. Paul Roberts, the Hackney Council Arborist, attended the meeting and provided very helpful comments. It was agreed that no trees should be taken down but that they should be trimmed.

MUGA: Niki has confirmed that it will be resurfaced next year. New fencing will also be put up.

Management Plan: Niki has sent out the Management plan for Butterfield Green, which had been reviewed prior to the meeting. Local user groups are invited to comment – any submissions due at the beginning of January. BUG feel that there is a poor prioritization of work and worry that there may not be adequate follow-ups to ambitious plans; for example, simple things such as emptying the bins is not being maintained and the park often looks messy. In general, maintenance is a key concern.
Please send any input to Maggie, who will collate suggestions and comments and send them on to Niki.

It was also decided that we would send the monthly minutes concerning BUG and the MUGA directly to Niki for her information. Tora to follow up on this.

Hogging needed for the paths in the orchard – they are very muddy. The raised beds still need mending. Redcurrant and gooseberry bushes have been pruned.

It was decided that the Community Gardening sessions would be taking a break in January and February, to meet again when it gets a bit warmer on the 9th of March.

Sainsbury’s update
Rachel reported that the developer’s third planning application will be decided by Hackney Council’s planning committee on Wednesday the 11th of December. There will be a protest organized by Stokey Local. It was agreed that we would send out information on this to the SRA mailing list. £3,000 has been raised for expert reports to strengthen the case to reject the application. Diane Abbott brought it up in the Commons but has not signed up to the campaign. A meeting will be held on the 19th of November to discuss further steps. Rachel will keep us updated on plans for next year, which include a possible fundraising event.
Suggestions for alternative uses of the space are welcome.
Rachel has initiated a photography project to document local shops and businesses to celebrate their existence on the high streets and encourage people to shop locally. It was suggested that Russell Miller’s tree photographs could be included in this. Any suggestions for recommended local traders are welcome!

Christmas Meeting
It was decided that we would hold the Christmas drinks on Thursday the 12th of December at 8pm. We will provide mulled wine and some Christmas decoration materials, and encourage everyone to bring some seasonal snacks to share. Phil to organize mulled wine.

Financials
We made over £100 from Apple Day cake and tea sales, despite the rain cutting the day short!
Christophe to organize signatories change.
Bron and Christophe to sort out invoice for the use of the RoOM during this year.
We discussed whether to make an annual charity donation this year, and if so to whom. The Night Shelter and St Mungo’s were suggested. We decided to collate some more suggestions and bring this up during the Christmas meeting.


AOB
- Leaflets: We discussed leafleting the area with the information leaflets Geraldine has made at the beginning of the new year, to raise awareness and get some new members. We decided to discuss this during the Christmas meeting
- Phil reported that he has heard that the Letterbox Library on Allen road is being done up and will be rented out as a commercial property towards April.
- Rachel reported that she has been using fixmystreet.com with great success and responsiveness from the Council. It was decided that we would spread the word on facebook.
- Rachel highlighted that Hackney Citizen is approaching its 50th issue. It was decided that we would send an email congratulating Keith and inviting him to the Christmas drinks.
- Tora reported on an email received from East London Business Alliance who organize corporate volounteering groups to come to help out on local projects. It was decided that this could be worth looking into in the new year. Annie and Maggie to respond.
- We decided to invite the Milton Gardens Residents’ Officer to the Christmas drinks and encourage her to come to our monthly meetings for increased cooperation. Tora to get hold of her email and send invitation.
- Claire to invite Jude at St Mungo’s, Richard from the Shakespeare Pub and Russell Miller to the Christmas drinks.

Dates for Diaries
·        8th December – Community Gardening
·        11th December – Anti-Sainsbury’s protest
·        12th December – SRA Christmas Drinks
·        8th January – SRA/BUG Meeting
·        12th February – SRA/BUG Meeting
·        9th March – Community Gardening
















No comments: