Sunday, 6 April 2014

SRA and BUG exec meeting, Wednesday 12th of February

Present
Annie, Claire, Bron, Phil, Diane, Rachel, Cristophe, Tora, Erayna, Geraldine

Apologies
Pat, Ken, Maggie, Andy, Rajni

Minutes
The January Minutes were approved.

BUG update
Annie will meet a representative of the East London Business Association to discuss opportunities for volunteers to help out in Butterfield Green. It is understood that they will fund materials needed and that they would be coming for a whole weekday. Annie to clarify with the organization and we’ll discuss further during the March meeting. 
Potential works that would need doing include the pathway through the orchard, which is very muddy now (woodchip gone) – we would like something natural but semi-permeable which would keep the path a bit less muddy. Phil volunteered to re-lay some woodchip; this could be done at a community gardening session.
We also discussed the issue of not getting enough people to come along to the communal gardening sessions. Annie will investigate whether it is possible to put an ad in Hackney Today.

MUGA: Nothing new.

Children’s Playground: No updates to report. It was decided that we would contact Niki to get an update of what has been done and review at the next meeting. Tora to follow up.

Film Night Planning
We decided to keep to the suggested date: April 26th. Andy has confirmed he can make it. We will hold a separate meeting to start the specific planning and sharing of duties. This was suggested for the 5th of March in the Shakespeare Pub. To be confirmed with Andy and then circulated to the full email list. In terms of film choices, we reviewed suggestions received but decided to postpone the decision for the separate meeting on the 5th. Geraldine confirmed that she can make a poster. Christophe volunteered to organize the renewal of the film license. 

Sainsbury’s update
No significant new developments; the third application has been approved by Hackney Council. Barristers are currently assessing whether it would be worth taking the case to judicial review. While this is likely to happen, it would most likely only delay (rather than stop) the development. Overall, however, it was emphasized that the campaign has brought the community together and drawn support to Abney Park and local shops. Rachel showed us her photography project, documenting local shop owners affected by the Sainsbury’s development. We discussed where best to broadcast this and how.

Finances
There are still prolonged issues with the change of signatories for the account. We discussed switching to a bank with a local branch. Christophe and Maggie to coordinate final steps to change the signatories, and then Christophe will look into switching. Furthermore, it was decided that we will donate £200 to Hackney Night Shelter.

AOB
Diane reported that the trees in Church Walk have been dealt with by the Council.

Annie reported that there has been an increase in burglaries in the local area recently. The police has distributed a leaflet with tips for how to prevent this.

Dates for Diaries
  • 5th March - Film Night planning meeting in the Shakespeare pub
  • 9th March – Community Gardening
  • 12th March – SRA/BUG meeting
  • 5th April - Tree Walk in Butterfield Green
  • 9th April – SRA/BUG meeting
  • 13th April – Community Gardening
  • 26th April – Film night

No comments: