Our Meetings


SRA and BUG Meeting Minutes June 2017 - DRAFT VERSION

Meeting:         Shakespeare Residents' Association Exec Meeting
Time:              8:00pm
Date:              Wednesday 14th June, 2017
Venue:           The RoOM, 62 Allen Road


Present: Diane, Laura, Phil, Rachel, Christophe , Pat, Annie, Maggie

Apologies: Bron , Sadie, Tessa, Ken


Minutes

Minutes of May meeting approved and will be posted online.

BUG:

Annie asked Parks dept to cut grass in orchard- this has been done.

The stream in Butterfield Green hasn’t been working this year. The stream bed and the sump are supposed to be cleared out in Spring. Annie contacted Michael Dixon, the parks manager and Stephen Crabtree , Parks Development Officer Stephen Crabtree confirmed that this will be done as soon as possible. Phil will contact Stephen to arrange a meeting.

The main gates of Butterfield Green have been permanently locked “until further notice”. Annie contacted Stephen Crabtree who confirmed that they were locked because of someone parking in the park and that now one gate will be left permanently locked. We asked that we are kept informed about issues in Butterfield Green so that we can pass news on to local residents.

Finances:

Update from Christophe, no change.

Tora’s old SRA bank card has been cancelled and destroyed



Minutes of SRA/ BUG meeting, 14 June 2017                                                    Page 2 of 2


Picnic – June 18th
Refreshments for bands - Laura will order water and cans.
Bin bags and ice - Phil
First aid kit, Gazebo, banner - Christophe.
Laminated photos for information board – Christophe
2 Trugs, (for ice and woodchips) shovels- Annie
Bunting, Gazebo and folding chairs for musicians - Bron
Collection buckets - Pat
Meet at 11.30 Sunday on Butterfield Green to erect 2 gazebos (one for band), one for information about SRA and refreshments for band etc.
Pat to draw circle around stage.
Jai has offered to run Cubs game.

Agreed collection should go to Grenfell Tower disaster fund.
Picnic publicized on Nextdoor.com, which should be added to useful contacts list


AOB
Sadie, the chair of SRA, has resigned due to work commitments. A new chair will be elected at the AGM, until then Bron, the deputy chair will chair meetings.

Christophe reported that posters made by children have been placed along cycle route by park.


Dates for diaries

Sunday 9th July - Gardening Day
Wednesday 13th September – AGM.


  


SRA and BUG Meeting Minutes May 2017

Meeting:         Shakespeare Residents' Association Exec Meeting
Time:              8:00pm
Date:              Wednesday 10th May 2017
Venue:           The RoOM, 62 Allen Road


Present: Maggie, Sadie, Christophe, Rachel, Pat, Phil, Tessa and Annie

Apologies: Bron, Ken, Tora, Caroline and Geraldine

Chair: Sadie


Minutes

The minutes of the April meeting were agreed.  

BUG:

Annie  confirmed all the actions from March’s meeting had been completed.

·      Annie contacted Davan to ask about mulching in Butterfield Green, and also to report that the gates are being left open.
·      BUG members met with Councillor Demerci. She is very nice and said to email her directly with any issues.
·      ELBA – Annie has re-registered

Finances:

Update from Christophe, no change.


EVENTS for 2017
The Great Get Together was discussed and it was agreed that we would not apply for road closures but to hold a picnic event in Butterfield Green on Sunday 18th June.

It was agreed the event should run from 12.30 - 4pm onwards with preparations such as the gazebo starting at 12 noon.

Timelines were discussed and the following agreed:

1pm Ukelele Band
2pm John Hegley

An Open Mic type event (without a mic and power) to take place afterwards was discussed and it was agreed that we should email the SRA mailing asking people to sign up if they are interested.

Actions:
·      Email SRA members regarding Open Mic and invite people to sign up
·      Email SRA members on 1st June requesting residents to bring cakes to the picnic
·      Email SRA members asking for volunteers to sign up

AOB
Confirm dates for AGM
Actions:
Tessa to update the SRA Exec List according to the details discussed at the meeting.

Dates for diaries

SRA meeting – Wednesday 14th June 2017 at 8pm at The RoOM, 62 Allen Road

The Great Get Together Picnic - Butterfield Green - Sunday 18th June - 12.30 - 4pm





SRA and BUG Meeting Minutes April 2017

Meeting:         Shakespeare Residents' Association Exec Meeting
Time:              8:00pm
Date:              Wednesday 12th April 2017
Venue:           The Shakespeare

Present: Diane, Christophe, Rachel, Pat, Phil, Tom and Tessa
Apologies: Annie, Bron, Maggie, Ken, Tora, Caroline, Geraldine, Sadie

Minutes
The minutes of the March meeting were agreed.  
BUG:
No update as Annie & Maggie both away. Actions from March meeting below for update in May

Actions:
      Annie will contact Davan to ask about mulching in Butterfield Green, and also to report that the gates are being left open. 
      BUG members will also try to arrange a meeting with Councillor Demerci for w/c 26th April 2017.
     ELBA – Annie will re-register

Finances:
Update from Christophe, no change. Actions from March below as update needed.
Actions:
      Sadie will look into the possibility of becoming a charity if this fails – This is still to be looked into but Maggie advised it might not be advisable, due to the amount of work involved in registering as a charity.  
EVENTS for 2017
The Great Get Together was discussed again. As there weren’t many people at the meeting it was agreed that we leave any planning till May’s meeting but Pat and Tessa would look into the details before then.
Actions:
      Tessa to email SRA members explaining a picnic has been proposed for Sunday 18th June & asking if anyone has any suggestions / would like to help organize / get involved.
      Tessa will contact the council to enquire as to whether we would need licenses / applications etc
      Pat will look at the Great Get Together website & design a poster
      Annie will look into music, ideally local bands and also contact John Hegley.
      Sadie will look into catering options from Lizzie’s
AOB 
Pat has created a useful contacts list & updated Trusted Tradespeople.
Actions: 
Tessa will email Exec to say useful contacts list is now on the website; if anyone has any changes to the Trusted Tradespeople to let Pat know.
Is the Exec Mailing List up to date?
Actions: 
Tessa to send an email to existing Exec List to ask if everyone still wants to be on it?
Dates for diaries
SRA meeting – Wednesday 10th May 2017 at 8pm at The RoOM, 62 Allen Road
BUG Gardening Day – Sunday 14th May  – 2pm – 4pm in Butterfield Green



SRA and BUG Meeting Minutes March 2017


Date:          Wednesday 8th March 2017
Venue:       The RoOM, 62 Allen Road


Present: Diane, Annie, Sadie, Christophe, Pat, Maggie, Phil, Tom and Tessa
Apologies: Bron, Rachel, Ken, Tora, Caroline, Geraldine
Chair: Sadie

Minutes of January meeting
The minutes of the February meeting were agreed.  
BUG:
Annie invited Georgie from Hackney Council to the SRA meeting but she was unable to attend.
A work day in Butterfield Green took place in February, and one of the compost bins has now been removed.  It was agreed the orchard is looking great at the moment, and the path resurfacing in Butterfield Green looks good.
Actions:
      Annie will contact Davan to ask about mulching in Butterfield Green, and also to report that the gates are being left open.
      BUG members will also try to arrange a meeting with Councillor Demerci for w/c 26th April 2017.
      ELBA – Annie will re-register

Finances:

Christophe has now paid the donations to the migrant centre and the local food bank as agreed. He needs to send them both an email explaining a little about the SRA.
There are still issues with the Co-op bank.

Actions:
      Tora will phone the bank and ask if we can have a new card and a new pin – An update on this is still needed
      Sadie will look into the possibility of becoming a charity if this fails – This is still to be looked into but Maggie advised it might not be advisable, due to the amount of work involved in registering as a charity.  
EVENTS for 2017
Valerie’s idea was discussed, although unfortunately Valerie was unable to attend the meeting.
Everyone is keen to do a summer event with music. Pat mentioned she had been liaising with Valerie on email regarding ideas for an event.

Pat suggested the SRA do a summer event in line those proposed by the Great Get Together, events designed to unite people in their neighbourhoods on 17th or 18th June 2017, which are being launched by the Jo Cox Foundation.

Everyone agreed this was a good idea and it was suggested that we organize a picnic in Butterfield Green, with music.

Suggestions were made to raise money for the SRA and Annie suggested we organize a tea & cake stall at the picnic and to have buckets for donations. It was mentioned that it should be made clear that the proceeds go to charity.
Actions:
      Tessa to email SRA members explaining a picnic has been proposed for Sunday 18th June & asking if anyone has any suggestions / would like to help organize / get involved.
      Tessa will email Tora to ask if she would mind enquiring about licenses/ council applications
      Pat will design a poster
      Annie will look into music, ideally local bands and also contact John Hegley.
      Sadie will look into catering options from Lizzie’s
AOB
Pat has created a useful contacts list
Actions:
Pat will send to Tessa to circulate to the SRA exec members
Pat will contact Rachel for login details to website / trusted tradespeople so they can be updated since they are out of date
Annie mentioned that Luminary Bakery have opened, and will be opening a coffee shop in the coming months.
Dalston Eastern Curve Garden’s future is in consultation with Hackney Council.
There have been public consultations, the last one is being held on Saturday 11th March from 2-6pm in the Pineapple House, inside the Garden.
Actions
      Tessa will send an email to SRA members with the dates / info in case anyone wants to attend

Dates for diaries
BUG Gardening Day – Sunday 14th May  – 2pm – 4pm in Butterfield Green
SRA meeting - Wednesday 12th April 2017 at 8pm at The RoOM, 62 Allen Road

No comments: